About the Role
The Office Manager has a committed understanding, competence, and willingness to assist in the leadership of licensed programs at First Protestant School. The Office Manager will be responsible for participating in the professional development of the school and have a passion for instilling Christian values in young children. Below are some of the responsibilities and duties:
- Implements and follows information as outlined in the First Protestant School Personnel Policies and Procedures and the Texas Department of Protective and Regulatory Services Minimum Standards Rules for Licensed Child-Care Centers.
- Manage day-to-day operations and maintains excellent communication skills with Parents and Staff.
- Provide Administrative Assistance to the Assistant Director and Director
- Assisting with tours, enrollment, and registration of new families.
- Always greets parents and children at the front desk
- Greets school staff, community members, church staff and assists them with a professional, attitude and helps them with any need they may have both relating to the school as well as the church.
- Assist teachers in any way that helps them conduct a developmentally appropriate, and state regulated classroom. Maintains class rosters, add, and delete students as needed. Maintaining infant feeding schedule.
- Responsible for monthly drills and lock- downs. Monthly check of carbon monoxide and smoke detector.
- Enter information onto ProCare and make sure all child files are organized and up to date, communicating to parents when paperwork needs to be done.
- Attends to and makes decisions and concerning the medical needs of children.
- Responsible for ordering weekly supplies, i.e., groceries and teacher supplies.
- Responsible for notifying maintenance and school director of any hazardous, unsafe, or unhealthy situation which violates state regulations.
- Ensures that the playground check list is done daily.
- Assisting within classrooms as needed.
- Understanding and maintaining regulations in place by state licensing.
- Helps prepare for monthly staff meetings and attends monthly staff meetings.
- Responsible for communication with director immediately concerning any of the able responsibilities and or problems that may occur with any issues related to the well-being of the children and operation of First Protestant School and its ability to adhere to the standards and regulations set for by the local and state authorities.
- Maintaining the required 24 training hours in early childhood education and office management mandated by state licensing. Due on your FPS anniversary hire date.
For additional information, visit our website: www.firstprotestantschool.com
Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/firstprotestantschool
Job Type: Full-time, M-F
Monday to Friday
About the Company
We are a private Christian school offering daycare, preschool, and after-school programs for students aged 6 weeks through 11 years old (5th grade). We serve the greater New Braunfels area, with special after-school bussing from several public schools in the New Braunfels Independent School District.
The school is affiliated with the founding church of New Braunfels, the First Protestant Church.
FPC ministers and staff have served New Braunfels since the city’s founding in 1845.
In June of 2019, we opened a brand-new school at 205 S. Castell Avenue in New Braunfels to better serve the children of our community.